Terms & Conditions
As of 01 March 2020
1. The premises are let for holiday accommodation purposes only. All bookings are made for the dates as shown on the response email/letter/receipt
and are taken in good faith by Columbia Apartments management, however, bookings may be subject to change prior to the commencement of the booking.
2. All advance deposits are accepted on behalf of the current owner of the premises and Columbia Apartments management will not accept responsibility for any decision, action or arrangement of the current or a new owner of the premises, including but not limited to, the sale of the property, withdrawal from rental, the property being rendered uninhabitable, a change in the accommodation fee or the alteration of the property in any way prior to your occupation. Columbia
Apartments reserves the right to cancel any booking should anything arise, which in Columbia Apartments’ opinion renders the booking impractical. Columbia Apartments will attempt to notify you as soon as possible and to use their reasonable endeavours to arrange alternative accommodation or dates suitable to you on your behalf. The Guest will be required to pay any difference in price between the booking made with Columbia Apartments Management & the recommended property or the Guests own choice of property. Failing which all deposit monies paid will be refunded, but no other claim, right, action or demand shall exist in or be
made by either party.
3. All rates are subject to increase without notice. Should this occur you will be notified and given the opportunity to pay the difference in tariff or receive a full refund of your deposit.
4. If a rate is applied to a booking and that booking is altered in length or date, then the tariff will be re-calculated using the daily rate for the relevant season. If a reduced long term rate is applied to a booking and that booking is reduced in length, then the tariff will be re-calculated using the daily rate for the relevant season.
5. The premises are available from 2.00pm QLD time on the day of arrival. Columbia Apartments Management may allow early check-in. The premises are to be vacated by 9.00am QLD time on the day of departure. Keys &/or Electronic Entry Cards (EEC), must be collected from Reception and be returned to Reception. After Hours procedures are available upon request. Any late departures will incur a fee. A maximum of two sets of keys &/or EEC’s per tenancy can be provided & must be returned.
6. Duplicate keys/EEC’s are not available. Tenants are liable for damage caused when doors or windows have to be forced open, or if a locksmith is called out due to keys/EEC’s being lost or stolen or locked inside. The loss of an apartment key/EEC incurs a charge of $50. Surcharges apply for replacements on weekends, public holidays or outside of reception hours. The keys are your responsibility so please take care of them.
7. If Columbia Apartments Management is called out after office hours to give access to apartments due to misplaced or loss key/EEC, a call-out fee of $150 may be charged to the Guest/s account. The loss of an EEC is charged at $50 per loss.
8. A booking that has not been confirmed by payment of a deposit, cancels the booking. Deposit requirements are described in these Terms & Conditions under the heading COLUMBIA APARTMENTS DEPOSIT & CANCELLATION POLICY. Guests will receive a Booking Confirmation letter & a copy of the receipt showing the amount paid. The Guest can expect confirmation of the booking within 7 days of payment of a deposit (in part or in full). The Guest must notify Columbia Apartments Management if they do not receive this notification. If a booking has not received the full deposit required by its due date, the booking is cancelled. The $50 administration fee is charged and the balance refunded to your original payment details. Christmas bookings – 50% deposits are due by 1st October each year.
9. Rent for the full period of the booking must be paid by (AUD), cheque, money order (made payable to Columbia on Rainbow Management Enterprises Pty Ltd) or credit card (VISA or Mastercard only) before occupancy. No CASH is accepted. A Check-In registration form is required to be completed upon Check- in by the Guest(s) who’s name appears on the Booking Ledger. Current credit card details of the booked Guest(s) are essential as a security deposit for bookings. If no credit card, a Cash Bond of $300 is required. Cash Bonds will be refunded after a full inspection of the apartment the same or the following day of check out. The Guest/s will be responsible for any damage to the
premises or the Common Property, loss, or damage to any items in the premises including but without limiting the generality of the foregoing, furniture, kitchen utensils, crockery, cutlery, and fittings. In the event that the property has been either damaged, whether such damage is willful or not, or left in an excessively dirty or untidy state it is the sole and absolute discretion of the Manager and/or its servants and agents, without reference enter a debit on the credit card or deduct from the security bond of the guest and the guest hereby authorizes the Manager and/or its servants and agents to do so.
10. All units are strata titled. They are individually owned & decorated. On our website, we have displayed photos of typical apartments. This is neither the best apartment nor the worst. The photos are used as a guide. Any printed, written, or verbal description of the premises or position by Columbia Apartments Management or an employee of Columbia Apartments is made in good faith and to the best of our knowledge; however, no responsibility for misrepresentation, errors, or omissions will be accepted. All courtesy will be given of genuine dissatisfaction.
11. Any Terms & Conditions or information or terms and conditions contained in holiday brochures or related websites are subject to alteration without notice, and to the extent of any inconsistency, these terms and conditions prevail.
12. All properties under Columbia Apartments management are privately owned and are rented on a fully self contained basis. In the event of faults and/or malfunctions of appliances or inclusions, there is no obligation from the owner or Columbia Apartments to compensate or discount your accommodation.
13. In the event of any maintenance conducted by the Body Corporate Committee of Columbia Apartments, there is no obligation from the Body Corporate Committee, Apartment Owner or Columbia Apartments Management, to compensate or discount your accommodation.
14. In the event of any renovation/building work being carried out in or near the apartment premises, such work is beyond the control of Columbia Apartments Management and the Owner , then Columbia Apartments Management cannot accept responsibility for any disturbance, noise or inconvenience guests may suffer as a result. No discount will be negotiated in these circumstances.
15. Should a tradesperson be sent out upon your request to carry out a repair that was unnecessary, the cost of the callout will be charged to Guest(s).
16. Linen is supplied which includes bed sheets, bath towels, hand towels, bath mats & tea towel. For stays of 14 days or more, fresh linen will be provided to you at 7-day intervals. Beach towels are available to hire from Reception at a small charge. Please note linen must be used on all bedding & remains the property of Columbia Apartments. Services are not provided as part of the tariff. Guests may request a Service and charges will apply for the carrying out of the Service.
17. To abide by the local health regulation & Body Corporate By-Law, No Pets are permitted on or about the premises. Immediate eviction will follow with no refund given.
18. At no time during the occupancy by the Guest(s) shall the number of persons residing overnight exceed the number of beds. Each holiday property is equipped for a specific number of guests. It is against Health Department & State Fire Regulations for more persons to occupy a property than there are beds to accommodate them. No mattresses, tents or caravans, or more cars than the property accommodates are allowed. If a property is reported to be overloaded, the tenants will be asked to vacate immediately with no refund made. If required, we can arrange cots for young children at an additional charge.
19. Apartments are quoted for family groups only and not for parties of single girls and/or boys. Apartments are let for holiday & leisure purposes only. Columbia Apartments has a NO PARTY POLICY to ensure we can protect the apartments from damage and maintain it to the standard expected of the property. Schoolies bookings cannot be accepted as we do not have the policies, procedures & resources to accommodate these bookings. Our policy is also to ensure all our guests can enjoy their time with us and not be inconvenienced by noise or actions of other guests.
20. No parties of any kind are tolerated on these premises. Any person(s) found to be creating excessive noise, having a party in their apartment, or exceeding the number of permitted guests will be evicted without a refund at the discretion of staff on duty. Any subsequent damage will be charged to the guest. Columbia Apartments Management reserves the right to evict a guest and/or visitors. THERE WILL BE NO WARNING GIVEN. The following is a list of examples (but not limited to) in which Columbia Apartments Management may evict a guest or visitor without warning, should condition warrant:
• Intoxication and unsavoury behaviour
• Overcrowding (when the number of persons in the apartment exceeds the number of sleeping positions)
• Physical or verbal assault towards Management, Staff, residents, or other guests
• Wilful damage to Columbia Apartments property
• Any incident for which the police need to be called on to the premises
• Any behaviour posing a safety threat to others
• Ignoring advice to reduce excessive noise (music or other noise)
• Throwing of objects over apartment balconies or from windows
• Smoking, smoke fumes / smell, damage caused by smoking
21. The premises must be kept clean. Dishes must be washed, dried & put away, rubbish must be removed from the property and furniture must be left where found, in
the property, upon arrival. Additional cleaning fees apply if the unit is not left how it is found and is charged without notice.
22. Fish must not be cleaned on the premises. Garbage is to be placed in bins provided, not left inside the unit. Garbage bins are provided with all apartments. Please
ensure that all garbage is removed from the apartment and placed in bins provided.
23. No keg beer or bottled gas is permitted in the apartments as per Body Corporate By-Laws.
24. Where applicable The Body Corporate By-Laws must be observed. It is a breach of Body Corporate By-Laws to hang clothes, towels or other articles over balconies.
Repairs for damages to any common property must be paid for by the Guest/s and/or invitees of the Guest/s.
25. Vehicles must be parked in the specific area allocated to the unit you are occupying. One secure carpark is provided per apartment. Additional parking is located in
the Visitors Car park or street side
26. All guests are responsible for keeping the property secure during their stay and will be responsible for any theft or damage due to neglect in this area.
27. Apartment doors are NOT to be left wedged open. Forcing an apartment door to remain open is a breach of the QLD Fire Regulations and will compromise your
28. When a guest registers or an invitee of a guest enters the premises, they are deemed to be bound by these agreements.
29. No liability is accepted for any injury, debt, damage, loss, delay, expense or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by events beyond the Columbia Apartments Management or Owners control. No responsibility is taken for guest’s personal property left on or near the premises. It is recommended that guests take out personal property insurance or adequate travel insurance should any unexpected situations arise before or during your travel period. Any items left on the premises upon check-out will be deemed as not required by the exiting guests and subsequently disposed of.
30. Columbia Apartments Management takes NO responsibility for items left upon check-out. If requested by the Guest, we will endeavour to recover and return items of obvious value inadvertently left in your holiday property, but take absolutely no responsibility for the recovery or return. Postage, packaging and the cost of sending out a staff member to search for the item will need to be paid in advance; a minimum cost of $25.00 applies.
31. We do our best to ensure your booking arrangements are satisfactory, however, Columbia Apartments Management does not accept any liability whatsoever for any injury damage, loss, delay, additional expenses or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by any events which are beyond its control including, but not limited to, war, civil disturbance, terrorism, fire, floods, acts of God, acts of Government or of any other authorities, accident to or failure of machinery or equipment, maintenance requirements or industrial action.
32. Re-bookings must be made with the office during a guest’s stay. Guests have the first option to rebook the premises for the same dates the following year but once a guest vacates the premises this option will no longer be available. This only applies to stays for 7 nights or more. Re-bookings can only be accepted when the previous occupancy has been satisfactory.
33. All parties agree that Queensland law governs this agreement and all proceeds should be filed in a Queensland Court. Should a proceeding be filed in a court located in any other state all parties agree to have the proceedings moved to the closest court to the head office of Columbia Apartments
34. Columbia Apartments Terms & Conditions may change at any time. Guests, upon booking, agree to the Terms & Conditions set at the time of occupancy.